Saturday, February 28, 2009

So yesterday was the funeral.

Yesterday was harder than the showing. My daddy even cried! It was really sad to see hi brother cry. This man, whom I think was older than him just sobbed and sobbed. It was so sad.

He was also in the National Guard, so they had two Guardsmen come in and give a salute and do the flag thing...hahah I am not sure what it is called. It was actually quite amazing.

I felt so honored when I road in the procession. There were so many people at his funeral and so many people road in the procession. His brothers and my two uncles road in the 57' Chevy! That car is so fucking awesome. I still have the funeral tag in my car...hahaha.

Its weird now. I feel a little empty now that I have nothing to do.

I haven't worked all week because I have had to be with my family since Tuesday.

This whole thing has put a lot into perspective for me. Life is a beautiful thing and we shouldn't waste it. My grandpa was a world traveler and has been to SO MANY places. I hope that I can go to half the places he has been.

ARIZONA IN TWO WEEKS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

No comments: